The Miso Soup has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://themisosoup.com
and update your bookmarks.
Thanks!

Friday, February 18, 2011

The joy of illegal rainbows


The Rainbow Warrior is the name given to an unknown artist who paints rainbows onto the sides of buildings in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The Albequerque police obviously don’t see the healing powers of the Illegal Rainbows and have arrested a person they believe to be the Rainbow Warrior. Free the rainbow!
This is the warrior on his/her inspiration for painting the rainbows:

About three or four years ago … I was feeling really depressed and I had this notion that if I went out and painted a rainbow, maybe someone would see it and feel what I was feeling or feel anything as intensely as I was. The first one I did, I just literally dumped the paint over the side of a pretty ugly, abandoned, alleyway building.

No comments:

Post a Comment