The Miso Soup has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://themisosoup.com
and update your bookmarks.
Thanks!

Monday, June 13, 2011

Amy Stevens/ Exuberantly Imperfect Cakes


"The Confections series began as a response to turning 30. It was a celebration of birthdays, color, pattern and obsessive absurdity. 
My original idea was to bake 30 birthday cakes for myself and photograph them. I didn’t quite make it to 30 cakes in time for my first show, but I sure got a lot of ideas from those first cakes.
I ordered a kit from Martha Stewart.com and watched an instructional video on decorating cakes.
When I quickly discovered my cakes were never going to look like the ones in the video and the pamphlet, I decided they were better off in their exuberantly imperfect states".

(Confections Statement, Amy Stevens)

1 comment:

  1. brilliant! i wonder what would be martha's reaction to those beauties :)

    ReplyDelete