The Miso Soup has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://themisosoup.com
and update your bookmarks.
Thanks!

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Amira Fritz/ The Mood of the Light


"I love the colors in Joel Meyerowitz’s pictures. I also admire the work of Karen Knorr and Hiroshi Sugimoto. Other artists that have a strong influence on me are Albrecht Dürer and the members of the Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood. In addition cinema had a great impact on my work. When I was living in Vienna and Berlin I used to work as a film projectionist in small independent movie theatres. Watching the movies through the projection room’s little window - often without hearing the sound - has changed my way of seeing". 

(Amira Fritz, Foam Magazine #20 Interview)

No comments:

Post a Comment